Stewardship, what is it exactly?
the conducting, supervising, or managing of something entrusted to one’s care
So basically a steward is someone who manages things that others have entrusted them with. We have a choice weather we use these things wisely or foolishly.
God has blessed us with so many things! Today lets look at financial stewardship.
- Giving to your home congregation/ missionaries first! Don’t give God the leftovers!
- Praying for wisdom to make the right financial choices.
- Monitoring where our money is going. We can then determine if we need to change our spending habits.
- Make a budget and stick to it.
- Sit down with your husband and set financial goals. Write them down and have a time set to complete them by.
- Avoid debt if at all possible.(Debt can’t always be avoided) If you do have debt pay it off as soon as possible. Don’t be a slave any longer than you have to. By paying your debt off early you will also save some money on interest.(Be sure and check with your loan/credit card provider before doing this. Some companies charge a penalty for early payoff.)
- Don’t try to “Keep up with the Joneses”! Just because everyone else has the latest and newest car(or cell phone, clothes, ect.) does not mean that you deserve them! If you keep up with the Joneses purchases, you are also keeping up with their debt!