It’s something we all have faced and, unfortunately, will continue to face. James 1:2 says “when ye fall into divers temptations” We must be prepared to deal with whatever temptations come our way. If we fail to do so we will fall without proper repentance(1 Cor. 10:12).
- Pray-“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matt 26:41)
- Abstain from evil- “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”(1 Thes. 5:22) It’s much easier to resist temptation when we stay away from places we know will tempt us.
- Run -Just like Joseph fled from Potiphar’s wife (Genesis 39)
- Think on scriptures- “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” (Psalm 119:11) And remember that Jesus told Satan “it is written” each time he was tempted. (We must study to know what God’s word has to say!)
- Remember God’s promise- “but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”(1 Cor. 10:13)
- Be consumed in God’s work-“Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord…”( 1 Cor 15:58) Our hearts will be focused on those things that we spend the most time on (Mat 6:21). If we are daily focusing on obeying God and bringing honor to him in all we do, then we will be stronger during our temptation.
- Ask for help-“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” (Gal 6:2) Remember you are not the only one who has gone through this. There are Christians who can encourage you and help you get through this!
- Remember its worth it!-“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”(James 1:12)